The land of heroes
Our heroes
Our land
Cambodia Kingdom


Thursday, June 07, 2007

Humanitarian work fulfilling says Jolie

NEW YORK: Angelina Jolie, who won an Oscar for 1999's Girl, Interrupted, says she wants to be remembered for her humanitarian work.

"I have no animosity towards Hollywood or the demands of the red carpet, " Jolie, 32, tells Esquire magazine in its upcoming July issue.

"That's my job, and I'm happy to have it. But when I die, do I want to be remembered as an actress? No. I recently had an op-ed (column) published in a newspaper," she continues. "And at the end, it didn't say I was an actress. It said that I was a UN goodwill ambassador - that's all. And I was really proud."

Jolie, an activist for issues ranging from global poverty to wildlife conservation, says she has found meaning as a citizen of the world.

"I entered this business before I had focus and purpose in my life," she says. "I was very unhappy, very unhealthy, and when I sat down for an interview, I didn't know why. I felt like I didn't have anything to share. It was a very empty time."

Today, her life is far from empty. Jolie and her partner, Brad Pitt, 43, have four children: five-year-old Maddox, who was adopted from Cambodia; three-year-old Pax Thien, who was adopted from Vietnam; two-year-old Zahara, who was adopted from Ethiopia; and daughter, Shiloh, who was born to the couple a year ago.

"I try to make sure that each of my children has enough of my attention to feel equal. I try to make sure that my relationship with the man in my life is solid and complete and we're very connected and having a great life together and enjoying our children and being part of the world. So that's my life," she says.

"We don't go to parties. We hardly ever leave the house. We try to schedule time when we're alone," says Jolie.

No comments: